Please share your work with us.
SSPS features four poets a month and each is allotted a 13 to 15-minute set. Kindly email a pre-timed set that includes any comments you’d like to make before and during your reading. The set you send us should be the actual set you want to read, not just a sample of your work.
This series accepts poetry only.
- SSPS is an inclusive space and strives to provide a platform for marginalized voices. Submissions from BIPOC and the LGBTQIA+ community are especially welcome.
- Offensive content, including racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, classist language and themes, will not be tolerated. Such submissions will be rejected.
- Time yourself reading the set. I can’t emphasize this enough. Please make sure you don’t cut into someone else’s time allotment.
- Attach all poems in one document. Do not paste poems into the body of the email.
- Start each poem on a new page.
- Put your name on each page.
- Please email your set to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In the subject line please write “Poetry Reader: Your Name”.
- Cover letters aren’t necessary; just include your bio in 150 words or fewer.
- If you need any accommodations, please let me know.
I look forward to reading your work!